Kojie San Review: Does it really work?
Kojie San Review:
Probably the most popular brand of kojic acid soap, Kojie San has been in the market for quite some time. It’s cheap and effective according to online reviews.
Here’s my in-depth review of this soap.
Price: $8.99 for (2) 65g bars
Manufacturer: Beauty Elements Ventures Inc. Philippines
- Lightens skin tone.
- Skin whitening
- Naturally derived ingredients.
- Evens skin tone.
- Reduces the appearance of dark spots, discoloration, and other imperfections.
- Active ingredients are scientifically proven to help fade and reduce the appearance of melasma, brown spots, stubborn post-breakout marks, and hyperpigmentation.
- Contains high-grade cosmetic all-natural kojic acid.
- Helps make the skin appear lighter and clearer.
As listed on the soap’s packaging:
- Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil + De-ionized Water + Sodium Hydroxide – this is the soap base.
- Fragrance – commonly used on kojic soaps as it makes the soap smell really good. However, this can cause skin irritation on some people.
- Kojic Acid – the main active.
- Glycerin – mainly used for its moisturizing effect and it makes the soap glide easily.
- Aqua – water
- Xanthan Gum – mainly used as thickener/stabilizer.
- Caprylyl Glycol – conditioning agent/emollient.
- Glucose – conditioning agent.
- Chondrus crispus (Carrageenan) – for hydration.
- Phenoxyethanol – preservative
- Ethylhexylglycerine – skin conditioning
- Cocodiethanolamide (aka Cocamide DEA) – used as foam booster. WARNING: Cocamide DEA is listed under California’s Proposition 65 as an ingredient that may increase the risk of cancer. However, the FDA considers this ingredient as generally safe.
- Mineral Oil – for skin softening. However, this article claims that it causes clogged pores.
- Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil – anti-bacterial.
- Cl 15985 – colorant
- Cl 19140 – colorant
- BHT (Butylated hydroxytoluene) – penetration enhancer
These ingredients are common when making kojic soap, however, I personally prefer to keep the ingredients to a minimum. There’s really no need to add all these synthetic ingredients.
Where to buy authentic Kojie San soap:
1. Buy from authorized distributor
Kojie San has only one distributor in the US, Flawless Beauty and Skin (RDG Imports). I would strongly suggest that you buy from them and their authorized distributors to make sure that you’re buying an authentic Kojie San soap.
Here’s the link to the authentic Kojie San soap.
Sold under “Sweet Suzzy” (this is Flawless Beauty and Skin)
2. Check the emblem:
Kojie San has different varieties in terms of sizes.
135g – has an emblem.
If you’re buying the 135g soap, make sure that it has an emblem.
65g – no emblem.
The 65g version doesn’t have an emblem.
Top 3 Before and After Pictures:
1. Acne hyperpigmentation – dark spots on face and chest
As I’ve mentioned in this article, kojic acid can definitely even out your skin tone.
I can see a huge difference in this user’s pictures as her dark spots have gone lighter and her skin is definitely clearer.
2. Acne dark spots on chin
Acne hyperpigmentation (aka dark spots from acne) is common especially for those with medium to dark skin tones.
The user of this soap states that she’s only been using it for 3 days and the results are amaaazing!
3. Acne scars on cheeks
This is another awesome before and after. The user of this soap has been using Kojie San for over a month with a pore refinining toner by Neutrogena and OMG! she looks like she got microdermabrasion done!
Photos courtesy of Amazon
- Has been in the market for a long time.
- A lot of reviews to prove that the product work.
- Mostly 4 out of 5 star reviews.
- Contains synthetic chemicals.
- One ingredient (Cocamide DEA) is listed as an ingredient that causes cancer according to this source.
If you want genuine items that can treat your skin problems. According to claims made about kojic acid soap, it effectively lessens the appearance of dark spots, discoloration, and other skin flaws. It contains potent kojic components that are excellent for fading melasma, dark spots, and tenacious post-breakout areas. People who wish to have smarter, lighter skin should give it a try because it is affordable and a product worth using. Users can purchase items via a variety of online e-commerce sites, including ebay, amazon, and its official website. Take a shot at it!
You must log in to post a comment.